CAI Georgia Legislative Action CommitteeThe Georgia Legislative Action Committee (LAC) is your local volunteer group of dedicated homeowners and professionals focused on monitoring legislation, educating elected state lawmakers, and protecting the interests of those living in community associations. The legislation we seek to influence has a direct impact on the community associations you live in, work with, or manage.
Our mission is to improve the community association lifestyle and home values by advocating for a reasonable balance between state requirements and the ability of individual homeowners to govern their communities.
The Legislative Action Committee collaborates with two lobbyists in order to monitor bills impacting the community association industry and homeowners. These lobbyists work year round to advocate for revisions to existing laws and educate legislators in order to affect upcoming bills.
What does LAC do:
How Does LAC Accomplish These Goals?
- A non-profit, statewide committee of the Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- Educates legislators about HOA, POA, and Condominium living and governance
- Is not a PAC (Political Action Committee), and makes no direct political contributions
- Functions solely due to the funds generated by the members of the CAI Georgia Chapter
- Organizes grassroots efforts to work with legislators on items particularly important to community associations
- Reviews and takes positions on all legislative bills affecting community associations
- Employs lobbyists to testify at hearings and educate legislators
- Alerts association managers and board members about important legislation
- Meets with legislators in their districts to continue education
- Acts as a resource for legislators when they are considering legislation relevant to community associations
We can only accomplish the above because of you!
For more information regarding national community association advocacy, CAI National Issues & Advocacy.
CAI GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS AND LEGISLATIVE ACTION COMMITTEE February 9, 2016 Summary