CAI - Georgia
Board Leadership Development Workshop
Saturday, March 3, 2018
9:30 am - 2:30pm
Optional Q&A Session from 2:30 - 3pm
1510 Ellsworth Industrial Blvd
Building Two, Suite 30
(follow signs to "Conference Room")
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
Whether you live in a condominium, homeowners association (HOA) or other type of community the Board & Manager Leadership Development Workshop highlights what every board member and property manager needs to know to serve effectively.
CAI-Georgia Manager Members: $35
CAI-Georgia Homeowner Leader Members: $25
Future CAI Members: $55
The workshop consists of five modules:
- Module 1: Governing Documents and Roles & Responsibilities. To start you on the right path, Module 1 helps you understand the legal authority for your association. It also clarifies the duties and responsibilities of each board member and the professionals who are available to assist the board.
Instructor: Mindy Waitsman, Esq.
Moore & Reese, LLC.
- Module 2: Communications, Meetings and Volunteerism. Module 2 helps you learn how to maximize volunteer involvement in your community association by improving board communications, conducting effective meetings and building community spirit.
Instructor: Steve Weibel
Beacon Management Services
- Module 3: Fundamentals of Financial Management. Module 3 introduces the fundamentals of association financial management, including guidelines for protecting your association’s assets, preparing a budget, planning for the future and collecting assessments.
Instructor: Patricia Hillen, CMCA, PCAM
Alliance Association Bank
- Module 4: Professional Advisers and Service Providers. Because putting together the right team to support your association can be challenging, Module 4 provides practical tips on finding, evaluating and hiring qualified professional advisers and service providers.
Instructor: Lisa Turner, CMCA, AMS, PCAM
Silverleaf Management Group, AAMC
- Module 5: Association Rules and Conflict Resolution. Module 5 explores guidelines for making reasonable association rules, enforcing rules fairly and resolving conflict effectively.
Instructors: Jay Lazega, Esq., CCAL & Rob Stein, Esq., Lazega & Johanson, LLC.
- Module 6: Risk Control and Insurance. Students will learn to identify risk, who should address the problem and identify potential solutions to the problem. Sean Rucker, Community Management Associates.
With your course registration for the
Board Leadership Development Workshop,
you will receive a complete toolbox of resources containing:
- The Board Member Tool Kit
- The Board Member Tool Kit Workbook
- Community Association Leadership: A Guide for Volunteers
- Managing & Governing: How Community Associations Function, by Clifford J. Treese
- The Homeowner & the Community Association brochure
- From Good to Great: Principles for Community Association Success brochure
You’ll refer to these valuable resources
long after the workshop is finished.
This course has been approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission for 5 hours of continuing education credit. In order to receive credit, you must attend and stay for the full class time. No partial credit will be given.