Thursday, November 1 - Friday, November 2, 2018
1.5 Day Course
8:30am - 5:30pm | 8:30am - 12pm
Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area
2000 Century Boulevard NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
CAI Room Rate: $139 Standard | Expires Oct 10
Learn how to preserve and enhance your association's property and prepare for emergencies. This course provides hands-on approach to help you analyze, evaluate, communicate and plan for property maintenance. Your community will benefit from your increased understanding of the various types of maintenance - routine, previous, emergency, corrective and scheduled.
- Evaluating existing maintenance programs and management controls
- Analyzing maintenance contracts
- Overseeing maintenance of common areas, using checklists and reports
- Making maintenance requests and recommendations to the board
- Identifying the basic elements of a disaster plan
- Preparing a request for proposal, including bid specifications
- Monitoring fulfillment of a contract
- Interpreting and invoking contract warranties
- Understanding the concept of sustainable lifestyles
- Using a reserve study for ongoing maintenance needs
In addition to a participant guide and flash drive with bonus readings and materials, you will receive: CAI Guide for Association Practitioners: Bids and Contracts, Natural Disasters and Reserve Funds
1.5 days | 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. | 8:30 a.m. - noon
A multiple choice examination is given at the end of the class.
CAI member: $459 | Nonmember: $599 Join Now!
All registration will be handled through the CAI National Web site.