CAI - Georgia
Board Leadership Development Workshop
(Part II will be on August 17)
Saturday, March 9, 2019
9:00 am - 1:00pm
*Food will be provided*
The Country Club of the South
4100 Old Alabama Rd
Johns Creek, Georgia 30022
Approved by GREC for 3 Continuing Learning Credits!
Whether you live in a condominium, homeowners association (HOA) or other type of community the Board & Manager Leadership Development Workshop highlights what every board member and property manager needs to know to serve effectively.
CAI-Georgia Manager Members: $40
CAI-Georgia Homeowner Leader Members: $30
Future CAI Members: $75
Please Note: Registration will close one week prior to the class. Cancellations must be made no later than Friday, March 1 for a refund. A late fee of $25 will be included for all registrations on or after Friday, March 1,
The workshop consists of three modules:
- Module 1: Governing Documents and Roles & Responsibilities.To start you on the right path, Module 1 helps you understand the legal authority for your association. It also clarifies the duties and responsibilities of each board member and the professionals who are available to assist the board. Instructor: Erin O'Connell, Esq., Dorough & Dorough
- Module 2: Communications, Meetings and Volunteerism. Module 2 helps you learn how to maximize volunteer involvement in your community association by improving board communications, conducting effective meetings and building community spirit. Instructor: Evan Conroy, Esq., Moore & Reese
- Module 3: Fundamentals of Financial Management. Module 3 introduces the fundamentals of association financial management, including guidelines for protecting your association’s assets, preparing a budget, planning for the future and collecting assessments. Instructor: Neal Bach, Bach, James, Mansour & Co., PC
Please note: Modules 4, 5 and 6 will be part of the August 17 workshop.
With your course registration for the
Board Leadership Development Workshop,
you will receive a complete toolbox of resources containing:
- The Board Member Tool Kit
- The Board Member Tool Kit Workbook
- Community Association Leadership: A Guide for Volunteers
- Managing & Governing: How Community Associations Function, by Clifford J. Treese
- The Homeowner & the Community Association brochure
- From Good to Great: Principles for Community Association Success brochure
You’ll refer to these valuable resources
long after the workshop is finished.
This course has been approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission for 3 continuing education credits. In order to receive credit, you must attend and stay for the full class time. No partial credit will be given.