CAI - Georgia
Board Leadership Development Workshop
Saturday, March 7
9:30 am - 4:30pm
Registration opens at 8:30am
Dunwoody Country Club
1600 Dunwoody Club Dr
Dunwoody, Georgia 30350
Whether you live in a condominium, homeowners association (HOA) or other type of community the Board & Manager Leadership Development Workshop highlights what every board member and property manager needs to know to serve effectively.
CAI-Georgia Manager Members: $35
CAI-Georgia Homeowner Leader Members: $25
Future CAI Members: $55
Please note, due to the popularity of this event, there will be a $25 fee for any late registrants. Registration will close on week prior to the event on Friday, February 28. There is a $25 no show fee to anyone that does not attend day of.
The workshop consists of five modules:
- Module 1: Governing Documents and Roles & Responsibilities. To start you on the right path, Module 1 helps you understand the legal authority for your association. It also clarifies the duties and responsibilities of each board member and the professionals who are available to assist the board.
Instructor: Erin Murray O'Connell, Esq., Dorough & Dorough, LLC
- Module 2: Communications, Meetings and Volunteerism. Module 2 helps you learn how to maximize volunteer involvement in your community association by improving board communications, conducting effective meetings and building community spirit. Instructor: Rebecca Drube, Esq., NowackHoward, LLC
- Module 3: Fundamentals of Financial Management. Module 3 introduces the fundamentals of association financial management, including guidelines for protecting your association’s assets, preparing a budget, planning for the future and collecting assessments.
Instructor:Neal Bach, Bach, James, Mansour & Company, Inc
- Module 4: Professional Advisers and Service Providers. Because putting together the right team to support your association can be challenging, Module 4 provides practical tips on finding, evaluating and hiring qualified professional advisers and service providers. Instructor: Randall M. Lipshutz, Esq., Lipshutz Greenblatt LLC
- Module 5: Association Rules and Conflict Resolution. Module 5 explores guidelines for making reasonable association rules, enforcing rules fairly and resolving conflict effectively.
Instructor: Joseph Larkin, Esq., Lueder, Larkin & Hunter, LLC
- Module 6: Risk Control and Insurance. Students will learn to identify risk, who should address the problem and identify potential solutions to the problem.
Instructor: Kurt Lillie, CIRMS, MLIS, CLCS, Bouvier Insurance and Rich Bouvier, CIC, CIRMS, Bouvier Insurance
With your course registration for the
Board Leadership Development Workshop,
you will receive a complete toolbox of resources containing:
- The Board Member Tool Kit
- The Board Member Tool Kit Workbook
- Community Association Leadership: A Guide for Volunteers
- Managing & Governing: How Community Associations Function, by Clifford J. Treese
- The Homeowner & the Community Association brochure
- From Good to Great: Principles for Community Association Success brochure
You’ll refer to these valuable resources
long after the workshop is finished.
This course has been approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission for 6 hours of continuing education credit. In order to receive credit, you must attend and stay for the full class time. No partial credit will be given.