Business Partner

CAI Business Partners are indispensable to the community associations they support with their guidance, products and services. CAI education helps these businesses and professionals differentiate themselves in the competitive community association marketplace.

Business Partner Essentials (EBP) is a course designed to help CAI member product and service providers better understand CAI, community associations and the industry at large. Individuals who pass the course and maintain a CAI membership ear the CAI Education Business Partner distinction, gaining special recognition among thousands of companies and professionals who support common-interest communities - accountants, attorneys, bankers, insurance professionals, landscapers, painters, reserve specialists, software providers and many others.

Professional Designations

As a CAI Business Partner, your expertise, products and services are indispensable to the community associations you support. CAI is proud to offer four programs: Educated Business Partner, Reserve Specialists (RS), Community Insurance and Risk Management Specialists (CIRMS) and the College of Community Associations Lawyers (CCAL).

Be among the thousands of professionals who have elected to join CAI and demonstrate knowledge of this industry. CAI courses provide a robust support system for classroom and online learners and are tailored to community association professionals who want to elevate their skills, increase marketability and apply their solutions to community association specific needs.

Community Insurance and Risk Management Specialist (CIRMS)
Community board members are looking for qualified professionals to help them protect their most valuable investments. Obtaining the Community Insurance and Risk Management Specialist designation can help instill your client's confidence in you and assist you in growing your business.

​Program ​Background Requirements
​Educated Business Partner member distinction​​ (EBP) ​Complete Business Partner Essentials course. Maintain CAI membership. 
Reserve Specialist (RS) ​ ​Prepare at least 30 reserve studies within the past three (3) calendar years, hold a bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture, or engineering (or equivalent experience and education), or meet other requirements options. Please see the application for full details.
Community Insurance and Risk Management Specialist (CIRMS)​ ​Five years of experience in the community association insurance field, be of satisfactory legal and ethical standing in the industry.
College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL) ​Minimum of seven (7) years legal practice with a demonstrated concentration in community association law, five (5) of which must immediately precede the date of application; be a member of CAI and have attended at least one CAI Law Seminar within the last five (5) years