The Magazine Committee publishes the “Georgia Commons,” a magazine for the benefit of members of the Georgia Chapter of CAI. In doing so, the committee offers its members an opportunity to engage in thoughtful discussions of current community association related news and events; to interact with other professionals in the industry; and for members to gain exposure by providing a platform on which to disseminate industry relevant information and to seek out other industry professionals and CAI members to submit articles. The Magazine Committee’s functions include:
Informing and educating members on matters relating to Georgia community associations through articles and advertisements in the "Georgia Commons"
- Serving as a channel for communication among CAI members and other CAI Committees;
- Assessing editorial quality and content of the publication;
- Publishing paid advertisements in each Georgia Commons issue;
- Making recommendations to the Board of Directors related to the needs and adequacy of the publication, and recommending to the Board of Directors any changes in the publication; and
- Informing the Board of Directors of the Committee’s activities.
Committee Chairperson Michael Leavey, Esq., Dorough & Dorough
Board Liaison Jannette Shockley, Esq., Lazega & Johanson
Secretary Joe Larkin, Esq., Lueder, Larkin & Hunter
Ben Ost, Esq. Dorough & Dorough
Candace Pfab, Brown & Brown Insurance of Georgia
Chuck Negas, Northwest Exterminating
Craig Sears, Sears Pool Management
Dot Edwards, Access Management Group
Gary Caruso, R.S., P.E., Criterium Caruso Engineering
Hugh Cooper, Russell Landscape
Janet Phillips, Homeowners Management Services, Inc.
Jennifer Loheac, Esq., Lazega & Johanson, LLC
Kevin Koushel, Esq., Coulter & Sierra
Laura Horlock, Esq., Pankey & Horlock, LLC
Lee Cope, P.E., Wiss, Janney, Elstner & Associates
Lisa Simmons, Beacon Management Services
RC Shanks, CMCA, AMS, PCAM, GW & Associates